Book Review (SPOILER FREE): Some Kind of Perfect by Krista & Becca Ritchie

26 May 2016

Book Title: Some Kind of Perfect
Author: Krista & Becca Ritchie
Series: Addicted Series #10
Release Date: May 20th, 2016
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Falling in love was just the beginning.

The conclusion to the epic ten-book series about the unbreakable strength of family, friendship, and love.

Lily & Lo are back one final time. Childhood best friends and soul mates.

Ryke & Daisy are back one final time. Wild risk-takers and flirty adventurers.

Connor & Rose are back one final time. Genius rivals and intellectual teammates.

Ten years of laughter. Of heartache. And love.

***Authors' Note*** Some Kind of Perfect is a full-length epilogue novel. It is highly recommended to read this book after Long Way Down. Otherwise, it will spoil the entire series. Some Kind of Perfect is meant to be the 10th book in the series.






(because no one deserves to be spoiled by this spectacular read)

I'm still trying to piece back my thoughts and emotions after flipping through the last page of this amazing epilogue novel that the Ritchie twins have gifted us. I spent the last two days reuniting with the Addicted universe which involved a whole lot of laughing, internal fangirling and ultimately shedding bittersweet tears.

Since I promised this to be a SPOILER-FREE review, I decided to do an unconventional review by conveying my epic love for this series by listing 5 reasons why you should read Some Kind of Perfect, which is an full-length epilogue novel of the Addicted series and essentially, why you need to pick up this series if you haven't. 


Without further ado...




It's the best kind of perfect that every Addicted fan could asked for - beautifully wrapped with love, friendship and a lifetime of memories. 









The Ritchie twins couldn't have done a better job with this novel by gifting us with not one, not two but SIX POVs throughout the whole book. That's equivalent to be able to celebrate Christmas 6 times a year! In case you're wondering, getting my hands on a Ritchie twins book is like Santa rewarding me early for being a good girl (Thank you Krista & Becca for being the most awesome book Santa ever!). It's like the ultimate gift packed with so much goodness and love, all in this glorious big package. 

You want some Lily and Lo love? Check. 
Or craving for some Rose and Connor banters? Check.
Or even maybe Ryke and Daisy wild & crazy moments? Check. 

Trust me, you DO NOT want to miss the amount of amazing surprises that this book had. 







Even after 10 books out, I am still constantly amazed by how much these characters continue to grow since the last one. The Addicted series may have started with Lily/Lo being the centerstage couple but there's also Rose/Connor and Ryke/Daisy whose stories entwined and ultimately building this remarkable universe that so many of us have come to love. This epilogue novel bridges the 10 years gap that can be seen from the ending of Long Way Down and we get to witness the 6 of them go through parenthood within those years. 

What I truly love about this series that sets apart from tons of NA series out there is how the Ritchie twins incorporates these teenage real-life struggles (addiction, sexuality, PTSD etc.) in their stories and you can just feel the raw emotions that flows through these pages as you genuinely feel for these characters. Even with the happily ever afters, it doesn't mean that the struggles have ended or simply disappeared. It will always be an ongoing battle and I respect that the twins didn't try to downplay that in the slightest even in this final book. You could still clearly see the strength and the resilience of these characters, how much they've grown since the beginning and now emulating the life lessons they've picked up for their kids. 









Aside from the epic romance, it's also the incredible dynamic of all 6 of these characters that truly holds the major crux of this series. The Calloway sisters are fierce and protective of each other. The bromance between Lo/Ryke/Connor as they have each others' backs in all situations. The friendships that only continues to grow stronger in every step of the way. The sacrifices that they are ready to make to protect the people they love. I can never get enough of the Rose/Lo insults-filled banters or the Connor/Lo affectionate 'darling' banters. Or how Rose is always readily to assault and defend her sisters when they're in danger. 











Everytime I try to write a review of the Addicted series, I feel like I can never do enough justice to this series and how much it has truly impacted me since I first picked it up. I'm terrible with verbalising my feelings and all I can think of everytime I finished a book in this series is just shouting from the rooftops on how gloriously incredible the writing is and to be immersed in this amazing Addicted universe that has come to existence! 

These characters are more than just fiction to me, most days they feel like real-life friends I've come to know and adore. Reading these books has brought me on an amazing journey of ups and downs, laughters and tears. I've learnt that it isn't reaching the finish line that matters the most but it's the journey that counts.   

The Ritchie twins are true wizards of words and every single word they have written, may it be one million words since the start - I've devoured every single one of them. I've laughed with each character, I've cried for each of them and my heart soared with joy to see them overcome their struggles. 








READ THIS SERIES, I promise you won't regret it. I've written a similar post in the past on why this is a 6-stars series for me (you can read that HERE) and it's my super highly recommended New Adult series. There is nothing that comes close to how much I adore this series. It encompasses everything that I feel a NA series should strive for - from the character development to the writing and balancing all the key elements in a read. The first book in the series is FREE right now on Amazon, so what are you waiting for?! 

It feels hard to say goodbye to all of my favorite characters after this one but I know this is hardly the end. It's just the beginning of a new era as the second generation of the Addicted kids will get their spinoff series soon. Some Kind of Perfect has provided some amazing groundwork for the new series to follow and I am positively excited to read more of them!








Krista & Becca Ritchie - There are no amount of words that can do justice to what both of you have created with this series. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be part of this Addicted universe you've created and for sharing your beautiful, talented gift with the world. You two are the most selfless, humble authors I've ever known and it's been my greatest pleasure to have known you both. I've met some amazing people during this journey especially Jae, Jenn, Siiri and Lanie who championed Fizzle Force relentlessly with nothing but pride and love. I love you all! 

Lily & Loren Hale - To Lily: For teaching me that it's okay to be socially awkward and that it's okay to have bad days as long as you remember the good ones. To Loren: For your resilience and strength to overcome your struggles and protecting fiercely the people you love. In each and every other alternate universe, you both would belong together.   

Rose & Connor Cobalt - To Rose: For being passionate, always standing strong on your killer heels, never wavering and always ready to defend the people you love. To Connor: For being a narcissistic smartass who probably knows all the answers in the universe and for being the most calm and steadfast one in all situations. The loving glares, witty banters and French whispers will be the ones I miss the most of you two. 

Daisy & Ryke Meadows - To Daisy: For being the sunshine of the series and spreading chocolate cake and love around. To Ryke: For your endless cussing and the selfless love that you readily give. You two are the most wild and free characters I've come to known, the daredevils of the series and for teaching me what it's like to live in the moment. 


In the wise words of the Addicted characters:

Thankyouthankyouthankyou. 
Je t'aime.
This is not the fucking end. 

And with that I bid goodbye.

  



Krista & Becca Ritchie are identical twins—one a science nerd, the other a comic book geek—but with their shared passion for writing, they combined their mental powers as kids and have never stopped telling stories. Now in their early twenties, they write about other twenty-somethings navigating through life, college, and romance. They love superheroes, flawed characters, and soul mate love.

They are the New Adult authors of the Addicted series and Calloway Sisters spin-off series, and you can find them on almost every social media, frolicking around like wannabe unicorns.

AUTHOR LINKS

1 comment :

  1. omg i love this review!!! very well said! and thank you for the mention haha. we really strive hard to make fizzle force an enjoyable and memorable place for fizzle force to convene and fangirl! - lanie

    ReplyDelete