Book Review - The Hooker & The Hermit by LH Cosway & Penny Reid

11 Feb 2015





BUY LINKS
AMAZON US // AMAZON UK // B&N // KOBO // IBOOKS

New York’s Finest Blogging as *The Socialmedialite* 
 April 22 LADIES AND GENTS! 
I have an announcement! 

 You know that guy I featured on my blog a few months ago? The really, really hot Irish rugby player who plays the position of ‘hooker’ in the RLI (Rugby League International)? The one with the anger management issues, the body of a gladiator and the face of a movie star? The one with the questionable fashion choices leading me to ask whether he was the lovechild of a leprechaun and a hobbit? Ronan Fitzpatrick? Yeah, that guy. Well, I have a confession to make… 

 THE HERMIT 
 Annie Catrel, social media expert extraordinaire at Davidson & Croft Media and clandestine celebrity blogger, can make anyone shine in the court of public opinion. She is the Socialmedialite, anonymous creator of New York’s Finest and the internet’s darling. Virtual reality is Annie’s forte, but actual reality? Not so much. 

 THE HOOKER 
 Ronan Fitzpatrick, aka the best hooker the world of rugby has seen in decades, despises the media—social or otherwise. The press has spun a web of lies depicting him as rugby’s wild and reckless bad boy. Suspended from his team, Ronan has come to Manhattan to escape the drama, lay low, fly under the radar. Only, Ronan isn’t easy to overlook, and he can’t escape the notice of the Socialmedialite… 

THE PLAN 
When Ronan is sent to Davidson & Croft Media to reshape his public image, he never expects to cross paths with shy but beautiful Annie, nor does he expect his fierce attraction to her. He couldn’t be happier when her boss suggests pairing them together. What lengths will Annie take to keep her virtual identity concealed? And what happens when the hooker discovers who the hermit really is?

{READ MORE FOR JASMINE'S 6 STARS REVIEW!}



 

  "All that matters is that I have you. The rest is background noise." 

 I've always been wary when reading a collaborative work but with this dynamic duo, all I can say is that they absolutely need to produce more babies like this in the near future! My first read from LH Cosway being Six of Hearts was an absolute huge winner for me and although I haven't read any of Penny Reid's work yet (this is an absolute blasphemy for me & shall be rectified!!), I've heard nothing but such high praises for her work. Added on with the amazing hype surrounding this read pre AND post release, inevitably I went in with high expectations and let me tell ya, that usually doesn't end so well. 

 But lo and behold, I've hit the jackpot with this one and got a one-way ticket to book heaven!

   

  The Hooker and the Hermit surpassed and bulldozed all my expectations, it went far beyond that. My virtual highlighter had a fieldtrip with the witty quotes and off-the-charts sexual innuendos from this read that if anyone saw my Kindle, one would think that a unicorn had pooped rainbow all over it. A pretty massive one in fact (I kid you not). 

  This read in a nutshell: Bring in one dirty-talker charmer that comes in the form of a rugby player named Ronan Fitzpatrick and a socially awkward world-famous blogger who thrived behind anonymity that is one Annie Catrel...Ladies and gentlemen, be ready to be dazzled by this highly entertaining read where hunky meets geeky. Proceed with caution when reading in public as there will plenty of LOL-worthy moments. 


 I don't even know where to begin to express my ginormous love for this book. It literally encompasses everything I searched for in an ideal read. Brilliant wit, well-developed characters, engaging storyline, perfect amount of steam and angst. But mostly the BONUS ICING AND MY PERSONAL KRYTOPNITE: The dirty-talker hero who could melt my heart AND panties. Repeatedly. Move over all my fellow book boyfriends/husbands and make way for this lovechild of hobbit and leprechaun Mr. Irish panty-dropping Ronan.

   

 With a collaborative piece, it's usually difficult to find one where the writing flows seamlessly between chapters but with this one, there was no telling where one started and the other ended. It's really impressive as both authors achieved a perfect sync and gave each their own character an unique individuality while still maintaining an equal level of humor and wit. Both characters so beautifully flawed in their own ways, you can't help but be completely enamoured.
"Ronan, you are worth ten thousand Fitzpatricks and their self-important douchebaggery. Their stupidity is their loss, not yours."
I cannot stress how amazingly well-written is Annie's character. Her introverted persona was something that I could relate to on a personal level which gave this read an extra edge for me and given her backstory, my heart squeezed one too many times for her. I loved that she was real and while her actions may not be the most ideal ones, it's her flawed character that stood out to me in this read. In most books, we usually get the feisty, ballsy heroine that we'd love to be but with Annie, she's perfectly imperfect being that hermit sitting at the corner of the coffee shop and being awesome in her own way. She's the one that I could hear myself saying "That sounds just like me" as opposed to the "I wish I was her".

   

 And of course, there's Ronan who quickly swept me off my feet with his lovable charm and dirty mouth. His character was a like candy waiting to be unwrapped and oh boy, did I find a delicious layer hidden underneath coated with so much goodness! Ronan was such a multi-dimensional character; there was a certain tenderness beneath all that rugged sexy persona and his fierce loyalty to Annie made me swoon so hard.

   

 No doubt that this read has officially become the first one to hit my Best Reads of 2015 List and earned a spot on my all-time favorite reads! There was absolutely nothing that I didn't love about this read, if it had another 500 pages, I would happily gobble them up. This was the kind of read that gave me the flutters, set my panties on fire and made me roll in a puddle of happy feels. 

 I cannot recommend this read enough if you're looking for a light-hearted romance read that is guarantee to put a smile on your face and yet tugged at your heartstrings as you read it. These two authors are definitely on my auto-buy list for sure. So everyone, get yourself acquainted with this read now!





  The Hooker and the Hermit is a collaborative standalone romance read by LH Cosway and Penny Reid.

2 comments :

  1. Fab review, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your graphics Jasmine!! xo You always blow me away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! Thankiu so much babe! :) ♥♥♥ You're far too kind with your words, mwahs!

    ReplyDelete