Book Review - The Siren (Original Sinners #1) by Tiffany Reisz

14 Dec 2014

★★★★★ 10 I'M IN THE EIGHTH CIRCLE HEAVEN STARS!!!! ★★★★★

HOLY F*CK!!! This is one of the BEST books I've ever read in my life. 10 STARS DO NOT EVEN SUFFICE!! 
15835198

PURCHASE ON AMAZON: HERE

Notorious Nora Sutherlin is famous for her delicious works of erotica, each one more popular with readers than the last. But her latest manuscript is different—more serious, more personal—and she's sure it'll be her breakout book…if it ever sees the light of day. 

 Zachary Easton holds Nora's fate in his well-manicured hands. The demanding British editor agrees to handle the book on one condition: he wants complete control. Nora must rewrite the entire novel to his exacting standards—in six weeks—or it's no deal. 

 Nora's grueling writing sessions with Zach are draining…and shockingly arousing. And a dangerous former lover has her wondering which is more torturous—staying away from him…or returning to his bed? 

 Nora thought she knew everything about being pushed to your limits. But in a world where passion is pain, nothing is ever that simple.



★★★★★ 10 I'M IN THE EIGHTH CIRCLE HEAVEN STARS!!!! ★★★★★


I'm gonna skip the usual pleasantries or my little doodles because this book deserves a one of a kind review from me. An attempt to write a proper coherent one would be a 10-pages review on how much I want to make babies with this book and everyone in it. And let's face it, no one wants to read that unless it's written by Nora Sutherlin or Tiffany Reisz.

   

 This book, this series and all that is Tiffany Reisz; it deserves a class on its own. It deserves the highest of highs because there is just NOTHING that comes close to this. Reading this was like falling in love all over again and falling HARD. I went on a blind date and it was love at first sight. What can I say about Nora? Utterly captivating, alluring, bold and snarky. 

 At 4%, I knew I'd love her. 
At 20%, I fell hard for her. 
 By the halfway mark, I would let her whip me any way she wanted because she got me on a tight leash. 
  Cut it short; I just wanted to make babies with her, there I said it.

Have I mentioned Nora is a lady? Let's face it, I'd go lesbian for her. I've read books that I adored the heroines. Heroines that I wanna be best friends with. But Nora Sutherlin is in a whole other league. She is THE heroine. The one that I'd like to be. She owns the character and she owns it so f@cking well. In the words of Søren:
“Eleanor, there are suicide bombers on the Gaza Strip who are less dangerous than you are.”
I know I said I'd go lesbian for Nora but damnit I'd totally go bi with the likes of Wesley, Søren and Kinglsey. You guys must be wondering, "Jasmine, have you lost your mind?!" No I swear I've not because Tiffany Reisz writes her woman and men WITH EQUAL PERFECTION. I have the hots for not one, not two but all THREE of them. I don't know if there is a Team Søren/Wesley/King but I AM IN ALL.

   

 And lastly, Tiffany Reisz writing is like no other. I know when I say I adore an author's writing usually, an adjective like exquisite or brilliant or amazingly beautiful comes to my mind easily. But with TR, there is no adjective that I can think of that puts justice to what she writes. I'm thinking of other-worldly or along the lines of 'out of this universe' because the whole time I read it, I kept asking myself "What planet does this lady come from and how does she write like this?!". 

The writing style is seriously beyond phenomenal and it astounds me on so many levels. It's filled with contradictions that leave you in such a deep and profound state. I was sent into a trance by the seduction skills of her writing. I absorbed every word this lady gave me and she gave me a one way ticket to the 8th circle heaven. It's really nothing like I've read before, it's not even mindfuckery, it's not magic but TR's writing is just another league on its own. 

 Honestly I'd like to stay inside TR's head and build a colony there.

   

 I realize I said pretty much NOTHING about this book and its plot but that's my point. It's about going in blind and let the writing take you by the hand. The writing alone will do its job in seducing you and send you spiraling into a pleasure like no other.
“Let me show you what life is like lived in the moment. No past, no future, just the one perfect moment you’re standing in and there’s no guilt and there’s no shame and there’s absolutely nothing to be afraid of…”
There are books I like, some I love and few that I really, really love but this one gets a shelf on its own for books I'd married if I could. This series should have a genre on its own, it transcends normalcy and the traditionalist romance/erotica/BDSM reads. This one sets new standards and for all those reasons alone, my love for this book and its characters is insurmountable. Honestly I'd give this more than 10 stars because it's. just. EPIC. My mind is consumed in its entirety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment