Book Review - Amour Amour by Krista & Becca Ritchie

17 Dec 2014

4 AMOUR STARS ★★★★

22888864

PURCHASE ON AMAZON: HERE

Love is a circus. 

 "Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.” 

 The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.” 

 When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future--acrobatic partners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world. 

 Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show. This sexy and exhilarating New Adult Romance can best be described as Cirque du Soleil meets the steamy, athletic romance of Center Stage. 

 *standalone & no love triangles—recommended for readers 18+ for mature content*

{CLICK TO READ MY 4-STARS REVIEW!}


 

  “The things greater than us, Thora, they’re not impossible. It’s just fear talking, telling you that you can’t when you can. I know you can.” 

 Being a huge fan of the Ritchie sisters, I was equally excited and nervous when they announced another story that branches out from my all time-fav Addicted series. A story that portrayed the circus life, I can't help but to envision the extravagance of it and left me very eager to dive into this one.

   

  Amour Amour falls along the lines of a story of a small town girl who takes a leap of faith and enters into a whole new unknown city with a big dream. In this case Thora James, a gymnast with dreams of being in the circus hopped on a plane to Sin City in hopes of landing a role in Amour, the latest acrobatic act. All it took was an eventful first night to cross paths with the Russian star act of Amour, Nikolai Kotova and be a part of his weekly dare act that landed them both in a very interesting first-encounter meeting.
“Every day, I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me. I’m asking you, right now, to trust me.”
 

 The Ritchie sisters continue to showcase their amazing storytelling skills that captivates their readers from the very beginning, let me say what an unique first-encounter meeting we were surprised with! Just like Thora, I couldn't help but be enamored by Nikolai and basked in all of his Russian glory whenever we get glimpses of him.
“He is power. Man. And strength. He is charm and desire and indestructible things.”
The story touched me in many ways, seeing how determined Thora is in achieving her dreams even when it seemed so far from her reach. Or how Nikolai cared for his siblings by taking over the role of a parent. Although I did struggle with the initial connection between both MCs, I later enjoyed how their relationship progressed, especially the amount of patience Nik had with Thora and how it strengthens overtime as they dealt with the struggles between their love for the circus and each other.
“Your energy, your idealism and optimism—I missed those things, the places inside of me that made me feel more alive.”
 

 What I love most about the Ritchie sisters writings is always how well written the secondary characters are in their stories. Without completely taking off the focus on both MCs, having characters like John and the Kotova siblings along for the ride made this story very well-rounded. Filled with humor and heartwarming moments, it's not only romance that the authors are aiming to deliver but it goes beyond that. It left me with a sense of belonging with these lovable characters.
“We all traverse in and out of people’s worlds, leaving footprints. Some larger, some smaller, but there is always a mark. We can’t sweep it away.”

Overall Amour Amour is proof that in spite of a whole new setting, the Ritchie sisters can still deliver the goods. Although I struggled with Thora initially with her constant self-beating, her character slowly grew and later found myself tearing at such an uplifting read. Added on with surprise cameos by the Calloways sprinkled across the read, I was more than happy to reminisce the good times! 

 No doubt delivering yet another heartfelt read laced with romance and wonderful characters all around, get ready to be bedazzled and be swept off your feet by yet another splendid story from these sisters.
“But I’ve found the truest form of love. It’s two loves that can live in harmony.” He looks down at me.

“The circus and you,” he whispers, “amour amour.”

No comments:

Post a Comment