Book Review: Addicted After All (Addicted #3) by Krista & Becca Ritchie

2 Nov 2014

5 EPIC LILO STARS! ★★★★★ 


PURCHASE ON: AMAZON

Two addicts. One epic love story. 

Prepare for the worst. 

That’s what Lily and Lo try to do when Jonathan Hale schedules an “important” meeting. The problem: after being swept into the public eye and battling their addictions, they’re not sure what the worst is anymore. 

In a sea of many changes—including Ryke & Daisy living with them—Lily realizes that the best part of her fluctuating hormones might just be the worst. 

Her sex drive is out of control. 

Loren knows that she’s insatiable, but he’s not giving up on her. She’s too much a part of him. And as he carries more and more responsibility, some of the people that he loves doubt his resolve. 

In the conclusion to their love story, Lily & Lo stand side-by-side to fight, one last time, for their happily ever after. 

**AUTHORS' NOTE** Due to the 2-year gap between Addicted for Now (Addicted #2) and Addicted After All (Addicted #3), you must read Thrive (Addicted #2.5) or the Calloway Sisters spin-off series before reading Addicted After All.

{Read more for my 5 stars review!}


 
"I knew from the beginning that we'd be addicted after all. I just didn't know whether we'd be at a better place than we were before." 
Have I mentioned how much I love my Saturdays? I completely devoured this book in 7 hours straight (this book being the thickest one yet in the series), only leaving my room for potty breaks and food. In other words, I would devote my life to this series because it is my ULTIMATE guilty pleasure read. It's amazing how I fall in love with these characters over and over again every single time I pick up this series, I freakin love everything and everyone in it ♥♥♥♥

 

 ********

Addicted After All brings the conclusion we've all been waiting for since the very first book when we meet Lily Calloway and Loren Hale. Two addicts. One epic love story.
"From our pretend weddings, to our pretend relationship - in the end, it's all become reality. And I would love to never, ever grow up with Lily Calloway. In one universe, we'll be young forever."
In a final showdown of the universe against LiLo, our superhero/comic-loving duo are about to face some of the most difficult life choices yet; one that will ultimately change the future of one person when Jonathan Hale presents them with an important decision to make.
"He deserves his paradise. So I'll fight against my brother. I'll fight against Lily and Daisy for this position. The winner is the loser."
********



So much love (I bawled in the last 10%) and heartache. Tears of happiness both Lily's & Rose's labor especially and sadness. Shocked Connor's bisexual?! and a whole lot of good laughs. But most of all, SO MUCH FUCKING LOVE THAT IT HURTS AND I CAN'T BREATHE.


"If someone ever asks how long we've spent together, I'd say for as long as my mind stretches back. I can't tell you the day I fell in love with you because there wasn't a single day that I didn't."
Throughout the entire series, I've always been so fond of LiLo's love story; two damaged people who are willing to go against all odds to fight for their happily ever after. It always seemed like they were fighting a losing battle, with the outside world always threatening to tear them apart.

  

We've seen them at their lowest, we've seen their breakthroughs but one thing's for certain: you will never, ever doubt their love for each other. Their characters have evolved progressively so well in the series and in this one, LiLo is officially unstoppable. From teens who used to enable each other with their addictions, they finally found what they truly needed in each other. For them to be enough for each other.

 

Again, I'm constantly amazed by the ever-growing development of the relationship between Lo, Ryke and Connor. I thought that this trio dynamic can't get any better than it already was but I've been proven wrong. Who would've thought bromance could bring tears to my eyes?! Amazeballs level 9000, I tell ya! 

Love, LOVE all the nerd references thrown in ranging from X-Men to Harry Potter; absolutely my favourite aspect of the series as always! Also not forgetting: 

♥ Connor/Rose "who-is-smarter" banters in French 
♥ Rose/Lo "i-hate-you" comebacks 
♥ Daisy and her wild antics 
♥ Ryke's endless profanities 

Will it kill to ask for these people to be my BFFS? Why can't they be real?!

  

******** 

I could gush about this series and book and characters all day long but ultimately, I will end this review by saying that if you haven't check out this series, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR. You need to meet these awesome characters and then we can have a fight chat about which team you're on (TEAM LILO FOR ME!).
"Because my superpower is the love that I have for you. It's out of this world, extraordinary, incomprehensible kind of love. And no one and nothing on this Earth comes close to it."
^^^How can you not be on Team LiLo seriously?!?! :D

 Addicted After All is part of the Addicted series and MUST be read in order with the previous books in the series.

1 comment :

  1. Could you please do Loren and Lily Hale’s favorite things!

    ReplyDelete